Google
 

Monday, September 10, 2007

Showboys

On a long lonely stretch of road leading out of Salem, Jeremy stands holding a backpack hitchhiking. He seems to have forgotten that you don't need to hold your thumb out if there are no cars coming.

A car appears over the horizon. Jeremy, totally getting it wrong, turns around and starts walking. The car pulls over in front of him and the passenger door opens.
Jeremy runs to the car and jumps in. "Thanks for stopping, where you headed?"

The woman driving turns to Jeremy and in a husky voice says "Vegas baby"......
It's Andre!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeremy of course doesn't notice and keeps babbling.

"Oh wow, you know I really shouldn't be going there, I mean I just left there and I had a little trouble.."

"Have you ever considered being in a Vegas show?" asks Andre-a

"huh? Well no...."Jeremy stutters "I...well I...you know...heard all those stories"

"Nonsense" schmoozes Andre-a "a good looking boy like you...nice body...and such beautiful blue eyes..." Andre-a puts her hand on Jeremy's knee

Flash forward six months....Jeremy is coming offstage in a G-string with dollars hanging out of it. He runs to his dressing room slams the door and starts to cry.
He grabs a picture of Stephanie and starts to blubber.."Oh Stephanie, how can I come home to you now...the things I've done.....I'm just...so....ashamed...."

Andre-a walks into the room carrying a bottle of champagne and two glasses
"Jeremy, my love....I have some business women out here who are just dying to make your acquaintance..."

Jeremy looks up from his dressing table and stares.


next

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home