Google
 

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

John Checks In

John Black closes the ledger book he has been working in, gets up and pours himself a glass of brandy.
Inhaling deeply he smiles as he looks around the richly appointed Dimera mansion.

John finishes his drink and picks up the phone. He dials a number and waits.

"ISA headquarters, please state your name and password." a voice answers

"John Black, and my password is squint."

"Thank you" The voice clicks off and Johns call is transferred.

"Shane Donovan" Shane answers

"Shane! It's John, just thought I'd check in and see how things are going in the spy biz."

"Same as always mate, how goes it in your new digs?" Shane asks

"Eh, the place could use a good decorator. Early Godfather isn't my style, but that can wait. Did Kimberly fill you on on the situation here?" John says

"Yes, she said everyone is accepting that you don't have your memory and you've changed into a zombie robot." Shane says "She really thought the no-squint thing you have going was a great touch, by the way."

"Yeah, thought that would go over big" John laughs "And how about the hair? You gotta love the freaky Beaker look."

"If you say so mate," Shane laughs "I still can't believe Stefano bought that Rolf could wipe out your memories and put them on a CD of all things! When I mentioned the idea to him I was kidding. I never thought Rolf could make the old man believe it."

"Well my brother isn't real tech savvy, is he?" John answers "he likes things old school. All evil laughter and huge elaborate plans that need 15 people, 2 years and a few million in cash to pull off."

"Stefano always did have a flair for the dramatic" Shane says "right down to playing all that God awful opera music as a background. Oh before I forget, Claire will be bringing you some new information on Stefano's holdings in South America."

"Good," John says "Those files in Spanish were really making me crazy. Did she find out what country the money is being laundered in?"

"She figured out that and the passwords to several new bank accounts we didn't know existed." Shane explains "That girl is amazing on the computer. All I can say is I am damn glad she works for us."

"Yeah that little grand-daughter of mine is something." John brags "You know she came up with that Pop-Pop code, to let me know she had new information without tipping off her dimwit mother. Not that it would be hard to put one over on that brainless twit. I still wonder if Marlena isn't lying to me about her being my kid."

"Yes, well I have the information Kimberly collected from you and I have put it together with the files Claire recovered from the computers in the mansion." Shane says "And you were right to be suspicious. The woman who came back to Salem claiming to be Chloe, is lying."

"I knew there was something different about her." John said "She's been whining, but no where near enough."

"We are pretty sure, the real Chloe is being held somewhere, most likely with Brady." Shane says "Our operatives are running down a few leads as we speak."

"And who do you think this fake Chloe is?" John asks

"Well that's where it gets interesting." Shane says "We are pretty sure the woman claiming to be Chloe is in reality, Ford Decker in disguise. We think Decker faked his death to frame Chelsea, and now he's trying to infiltrate the Kiriakis family by pretending to be Chloe."

"So what do we do about it?" John asks

"Right now, nothing." Shane answers "We have several operatives working on finding the real Chloe and Brady, and we can't do anything until we find them."

"Okay, so I'm sitting tight." John says "I'll get in touch later if I have any more questions."

John hangs the phone up and goes back over to his desk. He starts working on the ledger again, then suddenly realizes .... if Chloe is really Ford, and Phillip is dating Chloe......John shudders.

2 Comments:

Blogger Applecheeks said...

Deb - not only back, but it great form! Loved this SL. Too bad we aren't watching it on DOOL.

I'll give the Salem universe one thing - they must have fabulous plastic surgeons. Ford's make-over is nothing less than miraculous. ;-)

However, MY tip-off that this isn't the real Chloe is "her" lack of freaking over the scratch on her cheek from the plane crash. LOL

Will be breathlessly awaiting the next installment.

March 4, 2008 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad Kimberly didn't use the same surgeons.

March 6, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home