Google
 

Friday, February 8, 2008

Lexi Figures It Out

Lexi Carver, Chief of Staff.
Lexi couldn't stop staring at her new business cards.
After all the problems she'd had last year; Sami blackmailing her, being fired and banned from the hospital, her own father kidnapping her and holding her hostage, her husband finding out she was still cheating, her boyfriend disappearing. Quite a year.

Lexi wonders if maybe from now on things will start going her way. As she smiles and starts back to work on next month's schedule for new nurses she pauses on a name.

Belle Kiriakis? That can't be right. Lexi checks the paperwork again. Sure enough there she was, on the list of graduates.

"But she just started." Lexi says "How could this be?"

Lexi decides Marlena might know what's going on so she goes to find her.

As she is walking down the hall towards Marlena's office she passes the medical records room. A light shines under the door.

"That's strange, no one is supposed to be in there this time of night." Lexi thinks

She pauses by the door and listens. From inside she can hear someone typing on the the computer. Every so often the typing stops and Lexi hears a laugh.
A chill runs through her. The laugh sounds so evil.

Lexi put her hand on the door handle and turns it slowly. She eases the door open and peeks inside.

Marlena sits at the computer. A large stack of files sits next to her, each one with a different name on it.

"Marlena!" Lexi says "What are you doing."

Marlena looks up at Lexi, and suddenly reaches into her purse and pulls out a gun. She levels it at Lexi, who can't believe what she's seeing.

"Lexi, just leave now and you won't get hurt." Marlena says quietly.

"But Marlena, what are you doing? Those look like test result records. Are you changing the results?" Lexi is shocked

"Yes Lexi" Marlena says "And it's not the first time."

Lexi stood horrified as she watched Marlena continue to type information into the computer.

"Marlena! STOP!" Lexi made a move towards the keyboard but Marlena lifted the gun again.

"Don't make me use this Lexi" Marlena warned. "You would not be the first person I have had to kill to cover this up."

Lexi couldn't believe what she was hearing. "How long has this been going on?"

"Well lets see," Marlena thought for a minute "There was the Rex and Cassie incident, with Roman's sperm and Kate's eggs. And of course Claire's paternity results. The embryo switch with Belle and Mimi, Sami's twins, Zak's paternity, Hope's ultrasound when she was carrying Ciera."

"Ciera?" Lexi asked "Who's that again?"

"Oh you know, Bo and Hope's daughter, the one Hope was so sure was Patrick Lockhart's, it was a big mess." Marlena answered

"Oh okay," Lexi nodded "Um I hate to ask but are there any others?"

"Oh hundreds" Marlena smiled "All the way back to John's DNA tests when he thought he was Forrest Alamain, Tony, EJ, Benji, Bo, even your Theo. I've changed X-Ray results, DNA, blood work, forensic evidence, autopsies, death certificates, birth certificates, even immunization records."

Marlena was actually giggling as she listed all the information she had changed, deleted or falsified over the years.

Lexi just stood there in shock. "I, I can't believe this! You've been doing this for years. All the lives you've destroyed, all the pain and misery. And now you just sit there giggling about it?"

"Yes" Marlena's face turned to stone "I did it all. And I'll keep doing it. These people in this town deserve it. They have all lived their lives so smugly. Cheating on each other, lying, keeping secrets. Well now their secrets are mine.
I control them all. I get to say who lives and who dies. I get to decide who knows things about themselves and their families. ME!"

"But Marlena, don't you realize because of you no one in this town can be sure who they are related to? Who they are marrying or having children with?" Lexi asked.

Marlena laughed maniacally. "Yes! But I don't care! I will keep doing it, and when I am satisfied Salem will never know the real truth about anything, I will move on. Another town, more results. Before long I'll rule the world!!"

Lexi's blood ran cold. Marlena was completely out of control. She had lost her mind. And she knew she had to stop her.

Lexi lunged for the gun and it fell to the floor. Both women looked at each other for a instant before going after the gun. Lexi pushed Marlena out of the way with one hand while she reached with the other. Her fingers brushed the gun before she was dragged back by Marlena.
Marlena threw Lexi back against the desk and made her move for the gun. But before she could reach it Lexi hit her across the back with the chair.
Stunned Marlena rolled towards the file cabinet to get away from the assault.
Lexi saw her chance and dived towards the gun. She grabbed it a split second before Marlena also made her move.

The women struggled over the gun. Each trying to wrench it away from the other. Lexi pushed Marlena hard against the file cabinet and fell on top of her, the gun sandwiched between them.

Suddenly the gun went off. Lexi fell back and the gun fell on the floor between them. She looked at it for a second, not quite believing what had just happened. She then looked over at Marlena.
She had a shocked look on her face, as she moved her hand up to her face.
The hand is covered with blood. A spreading splash of red was making it's way across her chest.

"You, you shot me!" Marlena gasped

"Oh my God Marlena, I'm sorry, I didn't know it would fire so easily. Oh God, Marlena you're bleeding." Lexi sobbed

Marlena looked down at the wound then looked up at Lexi and smiled. "So, now it's you."

"What? what do you mean?" Lexi asked

"You, you must continue what I have started. You must continue to change test results and make sure no one in Salem ever knows the truth."Marlena said

"Me? What makes you think I intend to continue this? What could ever possess you to think that I would even consider it?"

"Because, you are my daughter." Marlena said

Lexi looked confused for a few seconds, then got angry. "WHAT? Marlena I know you are crazy, but you aren't blind are you? I'm BLACK. How could you be my mother?"

"Because Stefano...is NOT your father." Marlena gasped

Lexi's heart froze in her chest. She stared at Marlena. Not a Dimera? Not the daughter of the most evil man in the world? Lexi let the information soak in. But her mother? Celeste not her mother? Marlena? But how...

"How?" Lexi asked "Celeste raised me. She was always there."

"Stefano had me prisoner." Marlena's breathing was getting more labored "He implanted my egg in Celeste. He swore her to secrecy. He wanted the child to be his and mine. But he didn't know that before he could have the egg fertilized, I switched the sperm."

"But, but you knew? All these years? And who, who is my father?" Lexi asked "If it's not Stefano then who?"

Marlena was fading fast. She starts to cough. Lexi opens her cell phone.

"NO!" Marlena says weakly.

"But Marlena, we have to get you help. You're bleeding to death." Lexi says

"Let.........me..........die." Marlena coughed "It's .........over......now"

"But I need to know, who my father is. You have to live. You need help, let me call."

"No!" Marlena insists "You have to let me die."

"FINE DIE!" Lexi screams "BUT tell me who my father is!!"

"In..........the............computer.........just changed.......the results on your.......records.........before you came in. I was........going to.........tell you."
Marlena closes her eyes and collapses.

"Marlena! MARLENA!" Lexi feels for a pulse and finds none.

"Oh my God, Marlena." Lexi sits on the floor and lets it all sink in. She looks up at the computer. "Marlena said, it was in the computer." she says to herself.

Lexi gets up and goes to the desk. She sits down and types her own name into the computer.

The screen shows it's searching. As Lexi waits she looks over. Beside the stack of files she sees them. A pair of black leather gloves.
She looks at them and sighs. All this time, they thought "the glove" was EJ. Didn't he even confess? Lexi thought.

As she held the gloves, she noticed the computer had finished it's search and her medical records were in front of her.

She took the mouse in her hand and started to scroll through the information.
She stopped at her birth certificate. A name, not Stefano.
Lexi stared at the name. She turned to look at Marlena, laying dead on the floor.
Lexi stood up, pulling on the black leather gloves. She picked up the gun and wiped her fingerprints off the handle. She took the gun and put it into Marlena's hand. Point blank to the chest. Suicide. Lexi thought. She made sure the angle of the shot would line up with Marlena holding it. It did.

Lexi opened her cell phone and dialed 911.
"Yes, this is Dr. Lexi Carver. I'm in the records room at University Hospital and I just found Dr. Marlena Evans dead. I believe she committed suicide." Lexi looked at Marlena and sighed "Yes, I'll stay here until you arrive."

Lexi closed her phone and turned back to the computer screen. Taking one last look at the name in the space that read "Child's Father"

"Orenthal James Simpson" Lexi read aloud as she took off the black leather gloves and pushes them deep into the pocket of her doctor's coat. She switched off the computer and started putting the files away. As she finished the last of them she heard the sirens getting closer.

"Good bye mother" she whispered as prepared to meet the officers at the elevator.

3 Comments:

Blogger Applecheeks said...

If the black gloves fit, Lexi must commit......crime after crime after crime.

Brilliant, Deb. About the time I hit the part where Lexi learned Marlena was her mother I was careful not to have anything in my mouth. Good thing. The final reveal threw me into a laughing/coughing fit I didn't think would ever stop!!

February 9, 2008 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always knew Marlena/Barbie was evil.

March 29, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading your fan fiction! It's the best I've read so far :) Thanks!

June 10, 2008 at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home