Google
 

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Baby Angel

Up in heaven; An angel patiently waits for his appointment with God.
God's secretary sits behind her desk working on some last minute requests, when the intercom sounds.

"Yes Lord?" the angel answers

"Send in my next appointment Marilyn" God says

"Right away Mr. President, ooops I mean Heavenly Father" she giggles "You can go in now."

The angel straightens his wings and walks through the golden doors into God's inner office.

God sits on his throne busily playing on his laptop.
"Come on, come on, that's it. DAMN!! Abraham and his level 34 Orc. Oooh think you're a big man with all that agility huh?"

The angel clears his throat, "Ahem, Father? I have an urgent problem."

"Oh yes, sorry, I was trying to finish this quest before you got here, but I guess Abraham and Moses just don't want to try today!" God closes his laptop and faces the angel. "Okay what is so urgent that I have to interrupt my World Of Warcraft game?"

"Well sir, as you know, I am the angel in charge of new souls" the angel begins "specifically handing out new souls to babies before they are born. And well sir we just got an order in that I am not sure we should fill."

"Now who could possibly want a baby that you would have that much of a problem with?" God asks

"Well Father, see...um well I mean if it were anyone else....not that they haven't been good people because they have.....and well she isn't the oldest woman to ever have a baby.....and it will be loved, but I mean, I just don't know...." the angel stammers.

"SPIT IT OUT!" God shouts. A huge clap of thunder rolls through the sky and lightening bolts explode all around.

"KAYLA AND STEVE JOHNSON, LORD, They are trying to get pregnant" the angel screams and covers his head.

"What? Oh dear, oh dear, that is a problem." God sits back down.

"Yes Lord, we thought you'd want to know about it. Seeing how you've been concerned about all the children in Salem being kidnapped and left alone." the angel said.

"Yes, it was against my better judgement that we sent the twins to Sami Brady. And as it turns out I was right." God sighs "They can't even figure out they have the same father."

"Yes Lord" the angel agrees "And all that trouble with Claire Kiriakis lately. Her getting kidnapped, dropped in the ocean, lost.."

"Well we all know who's fault that is," God says "The angel in charge of handing out brains had to take a coffee break when Belle Black was shipped out."

"Yes Father, we know, we've been working overtime with the Guardian Angels on that one." the angel sighs

"And the angel in charge of anger management, where was she when Shawn Brady went out? NO don't answer that, I know. Making out in the copy room with the angel of common sense that's where!" God says "That kid was a walking disaster before he took his first step."

The baby angel looks embarrassed and just nods.

"And Ciera Brady, do you know that baby wouldn't recognize her parents if they passed on the street?" God says "That was a big mistake."

"Very true Lord." The angel agrees "That's why I thought it would be best if I checked with you before sending yet another baby to that family."

"Let me see their file" God says

The angel hands God a thick file labeled Steve and Kayla Johnson. God starts flipping through it, pausing to sigh every few pages. He flips through a few more and starts chuckling, then sighs a few more times and closes it.

"Well those two have been through a lot haven't they?" God says

"Yes Lord, and they have been good parents, for all intents and purposes." the angel answers "You really can't blame them for Stephanie, I mean they weren't even together for most of her life."

"Yes, but I am still concerned." God says "It seems like they would be good parents, but I'm worried the town will get to them."

"Yes Lord, I understand." the angel agrees

"And then there's all those deals with Satan. I mean there has to be a limit to the number of times someone can do that." God says

"Yes Lord, one would think, but somehow he keeps getting them to deal with him." the angel says

"Okay, I have to make a decision here," God says

He sighs and thinks for a few minutes. He tosses a coin. Then tosses it again.
He gets online and logs on to Craigs List, goes to Parenting Forum and asks them. Finally he turns to the baby angel.

"Okay," God says "Send them a baby. But you better make sure that kid has brains and common sense, or I will personally bust you down to Lucas Roberts's conscience. And you know what that means."

"Yes Lord, I will just sit around and do absolutely nothing for eternity." the angel answers.

"Okay then. Now I need to get back to my game so, you know the way out."

The angel, emerges from God's office and sighs a huge sigh of relief. He gets on his cell phone and calls the baby soul division.
"Yes, he approved it. I know I was shocked too! Now make sure Brains and Common Sense are ready to go before you ship it. . . . . . What do you mean they called in sick??? BOTH of them? AND Honesty and Morality?? OH COME ON, we aren't sending out a Dimera kid here. Get them on the phone and tell them they better show up or it's their jobs!"

The baby angel hangs up and flies off as fast as his wings will carry him.
"Lucas Roberts's conscience...." he says and shudders.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds logical to me.

January 29, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home