Google
 

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Visit To The Kate Zone

“Nope, full house Grandpa! I win again.” Ciera Brady rakes in a pile of chips

“Shawn, have you been teaching my grand-daughter to cheat at cards?” Victor asks

“Now Victor” OMB laughs “You of all people should know, no one has to teach any of your kids or grandkids how to lie, much less cheat.”

The whole table laughs at this. Doug picks up the deck and starts to shuffle.

The door opens and Dr. Rolf walks in.

“Deal me in boys!” He says, taking a seat at the table. “Now that we are finally done with that stupid Zombie John storyline, maybe I’ll have enough time off to win some of my money back from you card sharks.”

“Well at least you get a storyline every so often” Doug says as he deals the cards “They only trot Julie and I out when there’s a holiday or wedding or some other stupid event”

“Oh boo hoo!” Ciera says, “No one even mentions me half the time. I guess I am just supposed to raise myself.”

“Speaking of John” OMB says as he studies his hand “I guess it won’t be too much longer before they call me back. At least I hope they do.”

“Oh don’t tell me you haven’t been enjoying your time sitting here cheating us at poker!" Julie wags her finger at OMB “You’re just lucky they’ve been giving Caroline some lines lately, or you’d be in big trouble mister.”

“Now see here.” OMB says in his best fake I’m-so-offended voice “I have never cheated at cards once in my life. Helped my sister fake her death, covered up a few murders and affairs for my kids maybe, but I have NEVER cheated at cards."

Everyone has a good laugh and the game continues.

As Victor deals the next hand, Theo and Lexi arrive with pizza.

“Now everyone chip in this time!” Lexi scolds, “I’m not going to make up the difference again.”

“Not to worry everyone” Victor stands up “I’ll treat this time.”

“Way to go Vic!” Dr. Rolf says, “I for one am grateful. Not all of us know where our next paycheck is coming from”

“True,” Lexi agrees “If Abe hadn’t gotten that 5 min scene this week, Theo would have had to transfer to public school!”

The room gasps in horror.

Theo wanders over and peeks at Ciera’s cards. She slaps him away and throws a pizza crust after him.

“Hey now, don’t be getting all snippy there missy.” Theo laughs, “Remember in a few months you are going to need a date for your prom.”

“That’s okay,” Ciera, says “Pocket should be back from medical school by then, and I’m sure he’ll take me.”

Theo steals a slice of pizza and heads over to the TV to play some Guitar Hero.

Lexi takes a seat at the poker table “Deal me in guys. I just got a call they are going to put me in a new storyline next month. About time huh?”

“Lucky you!” Julie says “Doug and I hope they’ll at least give us a call for St. Patrick’s Day. I mean come on Shawn, aren’t the Brady’s going to throw some big family fest, being Irish and all.”

“You got me” OMB sighs “I just hope Victor over there is bluffing so maybe I can win a hand for once.”

“Me? Bluff?” Victor smiles “Did John have botox?”

Everyone at the table has a good laugh on that one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wish Belle, Shawn and I Felta crew were in the Kate Zone

January 29, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home