Google
 

Monday, February 4, 2008

The Deal

Claire Kiriakis slipped to the back of the plane while her idiot parents partied it up not even noticing she was gone.

She dialed her cell phone and waited.

"Uncle Brady? Is everything all ready?" she asked

"Sure is sweetie" Brady answered "I got your Grandma Colleen here with me and our plane is taking off for South America in a couple hours. You were so right about faking her death. I can't believe that Salem crowd was so easy to fake out."

"Duh!" Claire rolls her eyes "This crowd is so dense faking them out is almost too easy. It's not even fun anymore."

"I still can't get over Chloe giving up on me so fast." Brady sighed "I would have thought she'd at least have looked for me a little more than she did."

"I wouldn't worry about it, Uncle Brady." Claire answered "You're so much better off without her."

"I know" Brady agreed "So how long do you think it will take after you get home for your parents to start ignoring you again?"

"Oh probably about 30 seconds" Claire says "I bet I am shipped off to Grandma Caroline's before the bags get unloaded from the plane."

"Damn kid, sorry to hear about that." Brady says

"Pfft, It's cool, I'm used to it." Claire explains "It's actually almost funny to watch my mom fake her melt downs whenever I disappear. She's like a kid who's lost her favorite toy. She whines and bawls and cries so much you'd think she was the 3 yr old instead of me."

"I know" Brady sighs "I have no clue what happened to her. I guess she's just too much like that crazy witch Marlena. I still have no clue what my dad EVER saw in her. My mom was so much cooler. Classy you know."

"Yes" Claire agrees "I can't wait to meet her. She's already down in Brazil waiting for us right?"

"Yep." Brady says "You know when she faked her death all those years ago, I was sure my dad would figure it out and go after her. But noooo, Marlena had to distract him and make him think she was really dead. I swear it will be so good to kill her."

"Patience , patience," Claire says "One thing at at time. Right now we have to make sure our plan comes off without a hitch."

"Yeah, you're right Claire" Brady sighs "Do you have Ciera's flight info? I will have the limo waiting for her at the airport and then as soon as she helps me get everything packed up here we'll be on the way."

"Sure do," Claire is already scrolling through her i-phone "Okay, her flight is due to land in about 2 hours."

"Okay, great." Brady says "Hey speaking of Ciera, I have to let you go she's calling on my other phone."

"Keep me posted, I'll call when we get home." Claire says as she hangs up.

Brady hangs up one cell phone and answers another one.

"Brady!" Ciera says "So great to finally talk to you! Did Claire tell you when my plane gets in?"

"She did." Brady answers "And I will have the limo there when you land."

"Great" Ciera says "Did you back up all the computers and destroy the hard drives so no one will be able to follow us?"

"Got it done late last night" Brady says "And I've gotten us all fake passports, and deposited the money in the offshore Cayman Islands account, just like you said."

"Good" Ciera checks her list "Now did you make sure Great Aunt Colleen purchased the homes in Buenos Aries with the corporation credit account and then paid them off with the money from the partnership, as if they were taken over by a hostile creditor, giving us the profit, without paying the capital gains taxes?"

"Check and double check" Brady confirms

"Great, now what about that last little bit of business we spoke about?"

There was a very long pause.

"Brady, you are NOT going to tell me you didn't do this for me right?" Ciera asked

"Well" Brady began "Things like this take time. There are factors at work that we didn't foresee."

"Factors? Do NOT tell me about factors. You had one simple assignment. One thing to do. All the other things I gave you I could have just phoned in, but this, this was important." Ciera tried to hold her temper.

"I know, I know." Brady stammered "But it wasn't something I could control. I know this was important. But in a way you were asking for the impossible."

"IMPOSSIBLE?" Ciera explodes "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH! YOU HAVE UNTIL I GET THERE TO GET THIS DONE. THERE IS NO NOT GETTING IT DONE. THERE IS NO I CAN'T. WHEN THIS PLANE LANDS IF I DO NOT SEE YOU STANDING AT THE GATE WITH THIS TASK COMPLETED, DON'T BOTHER EVEN SHOWING UP! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR.!"

"Yes, maam." Brady said quietly "It will be done."

Without an answer, Ciera slams her cell shut.

Brady, sits in the darkening room, not sure if he should just save himself the trouble and leave now, or try again to do the impossible.
Finally he flips his cell open and dials a number. A low voice answers.

"Okay" Brady says "I'll come back to you Chloe. You are the only one who can help me, and even though I am sure Ciera wouldn't really kill me, I just can't take that chance."

"You were wise to take my offer." Chloe says "You'll come to see, in time, I was right. And although you may think death would be preferable to a life with me, I think one day you will change your mind."

Brady hangs up his phone and drops his head to his hands.

"God forgive me." He says in a halting voice "I sold my soul to Chloe, for Hannah Montana tickets."

2 Comments:

Blogger Applecheeks said...

OMG! Hannah Montana tickets. THAT'S a fate worse than death. LOLOL

February 4, 2008 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Why, OH, Why, can't the DOOL writers get some of their ideas from you. You have a talent... They, sadly, do not.

Hannah Montana tickets!!!! Darn near fell out of the chair. Thanks for the big laugh.

Mike

February 5, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home