Google
 

Friday, March 21, 2008

Code Name: Girls Next Door

*In honor of Easter and bunnies everywhere.*
In the night sky over the legendary Playboy Mansion, there appears.....The Bunny Signal!







"Holly! Kendra! Hurry! It's the bunny signal!" Bridget runs through the mansion
"That means somewhere in the world, a blonde needs our help!"


"I'll get the costumes!" Kendra says

"And I'll get the jet!" says Bridget

"And I'll tell Hef we're leaving!" Holly says


Moving at top speed, which for the girls means about as fast as an ice burg in the north Atlantic, the Girls Next Door, spring into action.

Holly pops her head into Hef's office, "Daddy! Daddy Puffin!" She croons in her baby talk/Marylin Monroe voice "The bunny signal has been activated and we need to leave for a while"


Hef looks up from his paperwork and smiles "Yes, yes, by all means, if a blonde needs our help you girls have to go!"

Holly kisses Hef on the head and goes to meet up with the other two.
Once aboard the Playboy Jet "The Big Bunny" the girls gather around the laptop to hear about their assignment.

"It says here, we were summoned by Marlena Evans-Craig-Brady-Black-North-Black-Dimera" Holly says


"Wow all those people?" Kendra asks


"No honey," Bridget explains "It's one woman, just lots of last names. She's been married a few times I guess."


"Oh," Kendra says "So what's going on with them..um...her?"

"Well, from what it says here, her blonde daughter is about to leave on an around the world trip with her husband and daughter." Holly reads

"What's wrong with that?" Kendra asks

"Well according to this, they are going to leave on a sail boat, and the husband is a real dummy who sank the 3 boats they were on, and shipwrecked them, one, two, three times." Holly says "Marlena is afraid her daughter's dumb blonde luck won't hold out this time and needs our help to stop her daughter."

"Eww shipwrecked." Bridget says "I don't know why anyone would want to be shipwrecked."

"I don't think anyone WANTS to be shipwrecked," Holly says "It just kind of happens. Anyway, we will be landing in Salem in about an hour so everyone be ready."


"Right! Do these shorts make my butt look good?" Kendra asks, doing her famous booty bounce

"Yes sweetie they do." Holly answers

"Good, then I'm ready!" Kendra announces

The Big Bunny lands at the Salem International Airport, 15 minutes later. The
GND jump into their waiting stretch limo and arrive at Marlena's penthouse.

Marlena answers the door "Oh thank GOD you got here so quickly!"

"Yes ma'am, we hurried." Bridget says "What's the situation like?"

"Well, it was under control until my...late..um...current...husband...Belle's father...gave them a boat." Marlena struggles to contain her panic "Up until then they were just saying they were going to leave, but now they actually can!"

"Hold on" Kendra says "You mean they planned to sail around the world and they didn't even have a boat? Did they have money to buy the boat?"

"No!" Marlena says "Neither one of them are working. They just decided it would be a great adventure."

"Wow," Kendra says "Even I'm not that dumb."

"Okay, let's get to work girls!" Holly says "Where is Belle?"

"Right in here" Marlena leads the GND into the living room where Belle is sitting listening to Claire read her a book.

"Ohh Claire, that's so exciting" Belle says "Now that Dora has the map do you think she will find the baby bunny in time?"

"Yeah, mom, you've heard this story before, you know she does." Claire rolls her eyes

"Belle?" Bridget sits next to her "We are The Girls Next Door, and we're here because your mom is worried about you sailing around the world."


"We're going on a long trip!" Belle chirps "Just me and Shawn and Claire. We're going to get a real pretty boat and sail all over the world and see all kinds of places we've never seen before. Just like Shawn and his mom and dad did when he was little!"

Claire looks up at Holly and mouths the words "HELP ME!"


"Well that sounds nice!" Kendra sits down on the other side of Belle "But don't you think maybe it's not too smart? I mean since Shawn hasn't had a lot of luck with boats lately."

"Hey! I'm smart!" Belle protests "I'm almost a nurse."

"Yes you are sweetie" Bridget says "But you have to understand it's a big trip you planning and your mom just doesn't think you have thought this through."

"I let Shawn do all the thinking for us." Belle smiles "He's real smart. He's gonna be a cop like his dad."

"Yes, we understand that." Holly says "But sometimes things don't work out the way we want them to. You can't always get what you want."

Belle's face screws up at this. Her eyes fill with tears and she starts to shake.

"RUN FOR IT!" Claire screams "COVER YOUR EARS, SHE'S GOING TO BLOW!"

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! YOU CAN'T TELL ME I CAN'T HAVE WHAT I WANT! MOOOOOOOMMMMMMYYYYYY TELL THEM I ALWAYS GET MY WAY, I ALWAYS GET WHAT I WANT!!!" Belle launches into a shrieking screaming fit.

Shawn comes running into the room. He grabs Belle, sits her down and gives her a huge cookie. She hesitates then takes a bite. Her crying slows down and she looks at Shawn.

"Another cookie?"
Shawn pats her on the head and hands her another.

He gives the GNB a look and nods his head towards the other room. When they all have gathered Shawn demands to know what happened.


"Marlena!" Shawn says "You know how Belle is. We never, ever tell her she can't have something!"

"I know" Marlena hangs her head "But I was just worried something would happen to you guys if you try to sail around the world."


"Well I have it under control! I've been sailing since I was.." Shawn stops mid sentence and looks confused. He counts on his fingers and does some figures in the air while he mumbles to himself. "Let's see I was 5 and now I'm .... so minus 4 and carry the 7...."

"Yes Shawn, you've been sailing a long time." Marlena tries to prompt him.

"Yeah," Shawn says "And I know what I'm doing so BUTT OUT!" Shawn storms out of the room.

Marlena waits until he is out of ear shot and looks at the GNB. "Do you see why I am worried? This mullet head wants to take my daughter and my grand-daughter out into the open ocean on a boat! God knows what will happen to them!"

"We agree" Holly says "There is no way they should be out on the ocean."

"But what can we do?" Bridget asks

"Yeah, they seem pretty set on going" Kendra agrees


"I have a plan" Claire walks into the room.
The four adults stare at her.

"Claire? What are you talking about? How are you talking?" Marlena looks shocked.


"No time to explain right now grandma" Claire says "I have had my contacts working on this since Dumb and Dumber announced this Magical Mystery Tour idea. When Pop-pop said he'd buy them the boat, it was because we already had our plan in motion."


"Who IS this little girl?" Holly askes

"She's my grand daughter, I think." Marlena's eyes are huge staring at Claire

"Look, there's no time to explain all the details, but do you guys remember the movie The Truman Show?"

"The one with Jim Carrey where he was in a fake world and he didn't know?" Bridget asks

"Ohh I love Jim Carrey!" Kendra says "He's going out with one of our friends Jenny McCarthy! She used to be a Playmate!"


"Yeah" Claire says "Well anyway, my organization has an area built and almost ready, that mimics down to the last detail, the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. When Belle and Shawn leave the Salem harbor, their boat will release a gas making them fall into a deep sleep. Then my people will transport them to this area and place them on a duplicate boat. When they wake up, they will think they are on the ocean."

"Oh I get it," Holly says "They will think they are sailing out on the open sea, but really they will be safe in a big, kind of movie set."

"Correct." Claire says "We can watch them, and when they think they are close to a port or city they want to visit, we put them to sleep again and transport them to that city. We have duplicate boats ready to be placed in any harbor around the world. They will visit the city, go back to their boat, and before they can really sail away, will be once again transported back to the safe haven."

"Oh my God! Claire!" Marlena is speechless (for once) "I don't know how you are able to do this, but I am so glad you are."

"The less you know the better, grandma" Claire says "But for now you can rest assured, my idiot parents will not be in any danger."

"That is great!" Bridget says "Can we help?"

"Yes, you can." Claire says "That's why I let my grandma find out about the Bunny Signal. I knew she'd contact you and you would be able to help me with my plan. We need you three to keep Belle and Shawn busy while we finish outfitting the boat. Then you can help us transport them when we need to without attracting a lot of attention. The Playboy jet goes all over the world, no questions asked. No one wonders why the GND are in Madrid one day Athens the next, and two days later, off the coast of Sydney. Everyone will just figure Playboy is doing photo shoots in exotic locations."

"Right!" Bridget says "And the Playboy Jet can go places that would normally set off an alert with Homeland Security were it any other private jet. No one pays it any mind! Except reporters and the media, and we can handle those guys by just making sure a few Playmates wearing skimpy outfits get off the plane first to divert them."

"Exactly!" Claire says "Now you three go and inform your pilot we will be taking off in 24 hours. Grandma you go apologize to Dumb and Dumber and make them think you are all okay with this. I will call Pop-pop and tell him I have you on board with our plan."

"We're on it!" The GND leave to make arrangements

Claire goes to her laptop and checks her emails for updates.

Marlena turns to go into the living room to talk to Shelle. Before she leaves she turns to Claire and whispers "Thank you."
Then goes in to the new calm Belle who is listening while Shawn finishes reading her Dora The Explorer Finds The Baby Bunny.

5 Comments:

Blogger Applecheeks said...

I love this storyline. It will give me a lot of comfort, knowing that Claire won't actually be out in the ocean with a couple of bozos who don't have a clue!

LOLOL

March 21, 2008 at 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! It was great today. I could almost see the look on Marlena's face when Claire started explaining her plan!

March 21, 2008 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

That does it. I have long suspected Claire isn't Belle and Shawn's kid and now I know she can't be. She has a brain

March 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am an avid reader but never comment. I just want to say I really enjoy your blog and really appreciate your writing! Thanks for working so hard to keep Days of Our Lives interesting for everyone on a daily basis!

Julie

March 22, 2008 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All of your stories are great. The Bunny signal.A blonde needs our help, how hilarious.

March 29, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home