Google
 

Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Phone Rings In Sicily

A phone rings in the hallway of a richly furnished home.
A beautiful dark haired maid answers it.

"Corleone residence" she says softly "Si.....si....just a moment"

She pushes the button to place the call on hold and walks over to a set of carved double doors. She knocks softly. A voice inside tells her to come in.

"Don Corleone" the maid speaks with awestruck reverence "a phone call, from America"

A swarthy hand reaches for the phone on the desk and picks up the receiver.

"Yes, this is Michael Corleone"

"Godfather" EJ's crisp British accent comes over the line "I am sorry to intrude on your day, but there is a problem I must discuss with you."

"Elvis" Michael sounds pleased to hear from his favorite Godson "what can I do for you?"

"Godfather, I am so sorry to have to tell you, Andre is dead" EJ says "he was killed by Shawn Brady. While he lay helpless in his hospital bed. Our family was in the midst of negotiating a peace agreement when it happened."

"I see" Michael's voice is tight with emotion "And how is your father taking it?"

"He is beside himself Godfather." EJ explains "He is a broken man. He has lost two sons in the space of a week, and now our family comes to you for vengeance."

"When my brother Sonny was gunned down by the Tetaglia family we handled our own vengeance." Michael replies "Why is it that one of the most powerful families in the world, needs help to take care of an insignificant family such as the Bradys?"

"Under normal circumstances, Godfather, we wouldn't" EJ says "But these Bradys, they are united. They just seem to keep out maneuvering us.."

"Out-smarting you is more like it" Michael interrupts "you have failed with every attempt you have made."

"But Godfather, we have tried!" EJ whines

"STOP WHINING AND BE A MAN!" Michael loses it "Do you think I have not been keeping an eye on what has been happening? Your pathetic attempts to gain control of the situation make me SICK!"

"But Godfather...I, I mean we.."EJ Stammers

"ENOUGH!" Michael cuts him off "I will be on the first plane out today. It is time I took control of this situation and ended it once and for all."

The line goes dead and EJ stares at it for a second.

"Oh dear, what have I done?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home