Google
 

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Early One Morning

The sun shines brightly through an open window. A soft breeze blows white sheer curtains across a large bed. A fluffy down comforter moves and Sami sits up in bed.

She looks around, confused at first. She gets out of bed and goes to the window.
Outside she sees the ocean and a beautiful beach.
Turning back to the room, she looks around wondering where she is. Suddenly she hears a shower running.
Following the sound she walks into a beautiful marble bathroom and sees a man through the foggy glass shower door.

As her heart pounds, she takes a deep breath and opens the door.

"Well good morning darling, did you sleep well?" EJ smiles at her.

"EJ! Where are we? How did we get here?" Sami stammers

EJ turns off the shower and wraps a towel around his waist and steps out of the shower.

"Why, on our honeymoon sweetheart? Don't tell me you've fallen out of love with me already" He laughs

"LOVE?" Sami gasps "I don't love you! I only did this to end the vendetta! You know that! And and .....wait, you were shot! You were paralyzed!"

"Samantha, are you sure you are completely awake darling?" EJlooks concerned "You're rambling. I can assure you I have not been shot nor am I paralyzed. And I have no idea on earth what this vendetta is you're talking about."

Sami runs into the bedroom and grabs the phone, then puts it down. Next to the bed is a picture of her in a white wedding dress with EJ at her side.
Holding the picture she turns and looks at EJ with her mouth open.

"You see my dear" EJ says softly "Our wedding picture, right there. You were so happy.."

"HAPPY?" Sami stares at the picture "Where did you get this? Did you have it photo shopped? Did Stefano have this done as some sick joke?"

"STEFANO?" It's EJ's turn to be confused "What on earth would Stefano Dimera have to do with our wedding?"

"Oh I don't know, he's only your father! And the reason I divorced Lucas and married you to end the sick vendetta HIS father started when he seduced my Aunt Colleen away from the church and then lied to her about being married and then she killed herself and ever since the Dimera's have been trying to wipe out the Brady family.."

EJ stares at Sami as she rambles on and on, then suddenly he starts laughing.
"OH Samantha! I get it, this is a joke! You 're having a laugh on me aren't you darling?"

"Joke? Why would I be joking? Oh trust me this is far from a joke!" Sami starts to cry.

"Darling darling!" EJ reaches out to hold Sami, but she flinches away. "You're serious! You really think Stefano Dimera is my father? And I forced you to divorce Lucas and marry me?"

Sami nods silently, still sobbing.

"And the only reason we are marrried is to end some vendetta the Dimera family has against the Brady family? Is that what you think?"

Sami nods again. EJ looks at her for a minute then gets up and walks to the dresser. He pulls out some papers and a large photo album. Walks back to the bed and sits next to Sami.

"Look here, my birth certificate," EJ hands Sami a document "My parents are the Duke and Duchess of Sherwood in England. Here is our family portrait."

Sami takes the photo album with shaking hands, and starts to flip through the pictures.
There, you see?" EJ points to another picture "Lucas is happily married to your sister Carrie. They have a son, John named after your step-father.
Here is a picture of us at his first birthday party, right before we got married see?"

Sami stares at the pictures, not believing what she's seeing.

EJ continues. "Here is a picture of Will on his way to boarding school in London, see how happy he looks? And here we are right after I won the Paris Grand Prix. See, you're handing me the trophy. And now we are in the Bahamas on our honeymoon." EJ gestures around the room "Now what on earth happened to make you think all those crazy things?"

"But but, I .. I" Sami stammers "I remember it all so clearly, you tried to kill Steve and Kayla! And you shot John. And you raped me! And I was pregnant and one twin was Lucas's and one was yours. And there were these letters from your grandfather and my aunt about their love affair and how on his death bed he swore vengeance against the Bradys and the only way to end it was for us to get married and and and....."

It's EJ's turn to be shocked "I raped you? Samantha you cannot be serious. I would never force myself on you. I cannot believe you think I would ever harm any of your family or that I could go so far as to try to kill one of them! And you're telling me you think you've given birth to twins??"

"Yes!" Sami continues "I had them in my mother's bedroom! It was after my dad was buried alive by Andre, in Stefano's grave because they faked his death to get Andre but he wasn't there Benji was and he died, and you and I look exactly like my aunt and your grandfather. So if we got married it would give their souls peace. Oh! And Stefano kidnapped John and forced my Aunt Kayla to do surgery in a warehouse to steal his kidney so he could have it transplanted into him. Then he realized he needed stem cells to cure him of whatever he's dying from. So you raped me to get me pregnant and then Dr. Rolf was going to kill the babies to get the stem cells, but then the DNA tests said the babies were both Lucas's, but they weren't. So you tried to freeze Lucas in a truck and .... Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Samantha. Do you realize how insane all of this sounds?" EJ said "All of those things you're talking about couldn't possibly have happened. Think logically. If I had raped you or tried to kill someone, wouldn't I be in jail? And do you have any idea how hard it is to remove, much less transplant a kidney? You need a team of surgeons and equipment, tests and months of recovery. My darling you were dreaming!

Sami sat for a minute staring at EJ. Gradually a look of realization came over her face. "OH. . . MY . . . GOD! IT WAS ALL A DREAM!!!!!"

Sami stares at EJ then starts to cry. EJ hugs her and laughs.

"There there darling. Yes it was a dream. A horrible dream I assure you. I am not Stefano Dimera's son and I have never killed anyone in my life."

"OH EJ, how could it all seem so real?" Sami asks "How could a dream seem like it was really happening like that?"

"My dear, I am sure I don't know" EJ says "But we are here now, and we are happy and nothing will ever change that."

EJ gets up "I am getting dressed now and we will go out for breakfast and you can tell me more about this dream. It sounds incredible! I want to hear all about it."

EJ leaves the room and Sami sits alone staring at the pictures and documents on the bed. She looks around the room again and whispers to herself "But .....it was so real. But it was a dream. How could it all just be a dream?"

Next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home