Google
 

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Salem Babies

Claire Kiriakis sits in her posh bedroom in the Kiriakis mansion.
She looks around, and sighs. Soon her idiot mother would be there to pick her up and take her back to the tiny cramped room above the Brady pub.
She thinks about having to sleep in the same room as Shelle and a chill runs through her, "...cop uniform...Oh God...The HORROR"

"Well they can't take me back if I'm not here!" She said out loud.

She crawls over to her crib and taps the secret panel underneath. A drawer pops open and she pulls out her cell phone and Platinum Mastercard.
She punches in a few numbers and waits.

Ciera Brady, sitting alone in her crib, hears her cell ringing. She checks to make sure Hope isn't around, (yeah like she ever is) "Hello?"

"Ciera! I have had it with this family, I am out of here. Are you with me?" Claire asks

"Are you kidding? I have had a bag packed for months. Almost my whole life!" Ciera answers. "Anyone else coming?"

"I still have to call Pocket" Claire answers "And I was thinking about inviting those new kids Johnny and Ally. They seem pretty cool"

"Great!" Ciera says "I have Theo Carver's number. We'll need him, he's the only one who can reach the cookie jar "

"Do you have Artemus and DeMarquette's new number?" Claire asks "I hear they have it pretty sweet in their new country, I bet they can put us up for a while"

"Yep, got it right here" Ciera answers "Meet you in 30 min at the usual spot?"

"You got it" Claire hangs up her phone and looks out the window. As usual no one is coming to check on her. She packs a few things and heads out.

Thirty minutes later Claire sits in her limo behind the "evil warehouse". The door opens and Ciera climbs in followed by Johnny and Ally.

"Okay," Claire says "I called ahead to the airport and the private plane is all ready for us. Good thing that pilot has to support a wife AND a girlfriend, he'll do anything for a few thousand in cash."

"Great!" Ally says "I just want to get so far away from here, no one will ever find us"

"No kidding" Johnny agrees "At least you don't have a mafia don as a grandfather! It creeps me out when he calls me Giovanni. I feel like I should be wearing a pin striped suit and have two goons following me around all the time. Oh that reminds me.."

Johnny pushes the button to lower the window and leans out. "Rocko! Vito! Make sure you stick that stuffed animal in my crib so my mom doesn't notice I'm gone right away."

"Right away Mr. Dimera" they answer. Johnny sits back in the limo "I figure it will take her at least 2 days before she notices she's been breast feeding a stuffed Kermit the frog"

The kids all crack up. Claire pushes the intercom button and speaks to the driver.

"Okay James, we are ready to go to the airport." She says

"Very good Miss Kiriakas" The driver answers

"What about Theo?" Pocket asks "Are we picking him up?"

"Theo is meeting us there." Claire explains "He had to stop by the police station and pick up our fake passports from the police evidence lock up. They have my old one there and he'll use the police evidence lab to make some up for the rest of you."

Pocket pops open a can of formula and passes out crystal bottles. "A toast fellow babies!" he declares "To a new life, as far away from Salem as we can get!"

The babies clink their bottles and cheer.

"Pocket, why didn't your new family give you a real name?" Ally asks

"They did," Pocket answers "They just won't tell me what it is."

"Oh wow, that sucks!" Ally says "Oh well you can give yourself whatever name you want now!"

"Yeah I can." Pocket thinks a minute "I think I'll be Zipper! Yeah, you can call me Zip for short."

"Anything is better than pocket." Ally says "It sounds like you were named by some old biker dude in a leather jacket. Or some pathetic woman who thinks it would make her life complete to have a baby in her late 40's"

Zip (The baby formerly known as Pocket) looks at Ally for a few seconds waiting for her to realize what she just said. It dawns on her after a little bit and they both fall over laughing.

Claire's cell phone rings. She answers it and talks for a minute. She hangs up and announces to the party "That was DeMarquette. He told me his dad just bought he and Artemus their own island for Christmas! And we can stay there as long as we want!"

Cheers abound!

"And here's the best part!" Claire says "It's Tinda Lau!!!!!!!"

More cheers and more clinking of bottles.

"Now lets get this party started!!" Ciera cranks up the Wiggles CD and everyone starts jamming.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggle this Saturday morning. That was too funny.

December 1, 2007 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Deb, you should be a DOOL writer. At least your stories are fun to read, The imagination runs wild reading them. Great job...

December 1, 2007 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Johnny sits back in the limo "I figure it will take her at least 2 days before she notices she's been breast feeding a stuffed Kermit the frog" LMAO

Meanwhile, whats-her-face, the bar owner's daughter in Tinda Lau, hums a weird tune and plays with her secret stash of toys in her closet.

"Come to Mommy, sweet ones," she whispers. "Have I got a surprise for YOU."

December 1, 2007 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Salem Babies arrive at the airport and toddle through security without a hitch or curious glance by the staff and board the plane.

Back in Salem, no one has realized that the babies are missing.

The plane lands on Tinda Lau. The Salem Babies are now Salem teens as they exit the plane and make there way to a a couple of guys holding a sign that says, Salem sucks.

The Salem teens are herded toward a shiny stretch limo. The chauffeur opens the door and a familiar voice says, "Welcome."

December 17, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home